Tuesday 27 September 2011

Lesley on Body shop


I went into Body Shop looking for a good body scrub and of COURSE came out with a couple other goodies :)

Cocoa butter body scrub, Almond hand and nail cream, Hemp hand protector



Cocoa Butter body scrub 200mls - £12.50
 


Sophia recommended this to me as a good scrub as she and i are obsessed with getting a good scrub that has the right grain consistency but doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy (review to come) as you know, there are so many amazing different types from lemon to olive or mango. But for me my favourite scent is cocoa butter and one sniff won me over from the others. The scent is quite a strong chocolate smell but smells very subtle on your skin. It contains almond shells for exfoliation, i used it with my exfoliation glove and it is rough enough to remove dead skin without being too harsh on the skin. It also removed a weird patch of extra dry skin on my hand that has been bugging me recently. It costs £12.50 but with a student card it's 20% off at £10.42 which i think is an excellent price for a product that works well for me.

you can see the small bits of almond skin used to exfoliate the skin

Almond hand and nail cream and Hemp Hand protector 30mls, £5,00 each (or £4.17 with 20% student discount)
I bought the almond hand and nail cream because my nails always have really dry areas and peeling skin and as we approach the winter months my hands are getting drier and drier, especially with lots of hand washing. As i approached the til the lady announced that it was buy one get one half price. A hand cream for £2.50? Yes please! So i bought another, yet very different Hemp Hand protector. Also available is wild rose hand cream with SPF15.


Almond hand and nail cream
When i took a whiff of this cream it smelt unbelievably delicious! I just wanted to eat it! The smell is not too overpowering like some hand creams are, and it sinks in straight away which I've found is quite rare in a hand cream. It contains sweet almond oil and Brazil nut oil which is why it is also good for nails. The only problem i had with this is if you open the tube a little bit comes out straight away so i can't open it just to smell it!

Hemp hand protector
I bought the bigger tube of this for my aunty last year and she always tells me how much she is in love with it. Although hemp is not my favourite smell, help seed oil is ultra hydrating and i am glad i picked it up as it is a thicker cream than the almond cream, so will help me through the really harsh winter days. It also sinks into my hands quite quickly and leaves my hands feeling beautifully soft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment