Sunday 11 September 2011

Lesley on Sleeeeek

After seeing many fantastic reviews on Sleek Makeup over the past week, i really wanted to purchase one of their 'Pout Paints'. They come in 11 different shades, including a blue and white for mixing up different your own shades: so it was hard to decide which one i wanted to get. I swatched a few of them on my hand (wiping if off quickly with a baby wipe, but note to self, even after 5 hours and many hand washes later i can STILL see a faint outline from one of them) I finally decided on bright Pinkini.


Pinkini is a really bright barbie pink. I would not call it a lipgloss but more but more of a matte lipstick. I wore it around the shops after purchasing it as a road test and noticed how dry my lips were, so i need to wear lip with it. Also, i am really not accumstomed to wearing a really bright colour so i am going to mix it with a neutral lip gloss first and then gradually try and wear it on its own. You need to use a very small amount too, and probably a lip brush is best to apply it with as it is quite messy to apply with fingers, as well as staining quite quickly. What i love about it is the lipgloss comes out from a thin tube, so you really can apply a tiny tiny bit if necessary.

bright as the sun lol
bit blurry... but still bright!!
Verdict: I really like this product and will try out more of their lip glosses in the near future. However, I'm not sure if I'm completely fussed over the blue and white mixing paint pouts. Who's really going to have time to mix a colour every time, especially on a night out? Also, how unique can you really get one colour to be? Surely every colour is out there... it is just my opinion though as i am SO lazy. The only thing i would have to fault about this product is that it is so drying to the lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment