Tuesday 27 September 2011

Lesley on Crown

After my first review of my brushes (here) i was pretty satisfied with my brush collection. However with my recent purchase of Sleek i decided i needed a lip brush, then a crease brush... then my list got bigger and bigger! Since then i have settled for three brushes from Crown Brushes that (i hope) have completed my brush collection.
Top to bottom: lip brush, crease brush and fan.

C206 Deluxe Red Sable Oval - £4.91

I love this natural bristled brush as it has a cover, so it is handy for travelling but also you can attach it to the end of the brush to make it longer (see picture above) i cannot wait to apply Sleek with it as it will give a more accurate application.



C412 Deluxe Pointed Crease - £4.95

Whenever i apply eye shadow with my stiff(ish) chubby brush, i always seem to miss a bit out or make it look so dramatic in the creases of my eyes and have to blend like crazy with my contour brush, which is extra effort when i haven't got the time. With this, it is shaped to a rounded bullet point for and precise application and "a must have for anyone creating smokey eye looks". Again it is made with natural sable and goat bristles and is so soft. 


C143 Deluxe Soft fan - £8.03

Considering how cheap my other brushes were, this one was almost double the price, but nevertheless still a good price! However i really wanted a good brush for highlighting and to dust off excess powder. I saw so many on the Crown website and went for the larger one, i didn't realise how big it actually was: its the size of my palm! (see below for my hand comparison) I also like the white with the black stripe and also it has natural goat bristles.

No comments:

Post a Comment