Sunday 11 September 2011

Sophia's Mac Lipsticks

I only own 2 MAC lipsticks....and they are my only lipsticks! shocking! I've always been a lipgloss girl but thought id try out some good lipsticks. I wanted a nude-ish pale colour and a pinky one, so after reading 100's of reviews (I always do this) i decided on these two:

 



Creme Cup - Cremesheen 
"MAC Description = light blue pink"
I looked at so many reviews of this online. In some photos it looked really deathly pale and others quite pink. Me and a friend were shopping near a MAC counter so I went to test it out. I stupidly only swatched it on my hand because i was to preoccupied with choosing a foundation (which was an epic fail, review coming). The colour looked like what i wanted so i purchased it. When i put it on at home I decided I looked dead and washed out. So for the first few applications i've been applying a thin coat and puting lipgloss on top. Yesterday i decided to try it without lipgloss and a slightly heavier coat and my boyfriend said my lips looked pretty? So i think i have to get used to it. Im going to venture to nandos wearing it and see how i feel lol Overall i like it, It's most likely the high pigmentation of a lipstick im not used to.

Lustering - Lustre
"MAC Description = outspoken pink"

I was torn between Lustering and Lovelorn but decided on Lustering because i thought it looked more of a warm pink. Its a very bright warm pink, not a cool barbie pink on my lips. I like to put lipgloss on top for more shine. It has long staying power and slightly stains my lips which i dont mind. I still want to try out Lovelorn though!

I will try out more lipsticks from different and cheaper brands but so far i like MAC lipsticks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment