Sunday 4 September 2011

Lesley on brushes

I have a very small collection of brushes as i don't think i need hundreds to have a good face of makeup (I'm probably wrong!!). My most expensive but best quality ones are Sephora, which i bought from the States a few years ago. I was hesitant with parting with my money for brushes i was hardly going to use (at the time) but they are well worth the money and i would like to go back and purchase more. 

Crown Brushes do not break the bank and are good quality, they shed a little bit but i really cannot complain about them. 

I really do need to add to my collection, but i don't think i need many more. I am on the look-out for a stipple brush and good eyebrow angled brush as i haven't got one - watch this space!
L-R: Complexion, angle, foundation, smudge, chubby shadow, blend and conture, firm shadow, eyeliner and Kabuk

Elf Complexion Brush £3.50 - A very soft Teklon brush which i use for a light coverage with my tinted moisturiser and HD powder, as well as highlighters. I have a full review of it found in my Elf makeup haul HERE.

Crown Brush C104, £4.27 - Angle brush - Its hair type is sable and goat which makes it so soft. I use it to blend my blusher and with the angled tip, create small or large contours.

Sephora Professional #47 foundation, $17 - It is made from synthetic taklon fibres and I use this to apply my Benefit tinted moisturiser (i talk about this product a lot!) This brush provides a lot of good coverage, i just have to make sure that i don't have a dark line on my chin as i can't blend with it well (which is what the complexion brush is good for) You can also use it with concealer and primer.

Sephora Professional #14 Smudge, $13 - This was my favourite brush until i bought my Chubby Shadow! I used to use it for all over the lid but now i use it to create a smoky eye effect. The bristles are really compact so it is also good for blending.

Crown Brush C417 Chubby Shadow, £5.09 - Its hair type is goat and it is a thick rounded brush shape.  My absolute favourite brush! I use this to apply my neutral base eyeshadow on my whole lid and sometimes to add an extra colour. Its hair type is goat.

Boots No 7 Eyeshadow Blend & Contour, £7.25 - I bought this with my no7 £5 off voucher, and i am so glad i did!! I use this to smooth out any creases or to blend my eyeshadows together if they look too sharp, I always use this brush and consider it a staple in my makeup collection

Crown Brush C124 Firm Shadow, £4.34 - I don't really use this much but when i do i use this to pack eyeshadow. I sometimes wet the brush to apply my Barry M's Dazzle Dust to make the eyeshadows pop for a night out. The Shadow brush's hair type is red Sable.

Elizabeth Arden eyeliner brush - Came with the E.A gel eyeliner. Before i bought this i had always used pencil or liquid eyeliner. This is now my favourite eyeliner and with the brush it is so easy to create a subtle or dramatic effect. What is good about this brush is that it doesn't take up room in my makeup bag - although i sometimes lose it!

Sephora Professional #50 Kabuki, $24 - I use this to apply my bronzer on my face/body. The soft goat bristles pick up so much bronzer so you only have to use very little of the actual product you're using. I love it so much because it is small and fits into the smallest makeup bag! Although it was quite pricey, it was so value for money because i have never seen it shed, even after lots of washes!




My brushes are kept a pretty plastic pencil pot, along with my favourite mascaras and lipgloss - bought from Paperchase for £2.50 or something like that.








No comments:

Post a Comment