Sunday 11 September 2011

Lesley on Models own

I recently received my four nail polishes from Models Own in their 50% off sale. It would have been £20 but i paid £10, not including £2.95 P&P... absolute bargain! I think these are the perfect colours for the seasonal change from Summer to Autumn.

L-R: Gun Grey, Snow White, Slate Grey and Gold Digger


Gun Grey - This is a very shimmery dark grey - almost black, with silver glitter. The name is perfect for this shade as it really is a Gun Grey. I like this because its not as harsh and gothic as black sometimes can be. It catches the shimmer in different lights really well. I've got it on my toe nails and it looks very pretty.


 
Snow White - I went to America back in May, and on the plane i saw a girl with white nail polish, i thought it looked so pretty and complimented her look with her white jeans, and wanted it for myself. I think white is quite a daring colour to wear as it is really bright and draws attention to your nails, so i want to wait until my nails are longer to wear this. The first application was a little streaky, but it is quite expected and the second coat was good and dried quickly. I also love the originality of the name, its so cute! This is more of a spring colour to me because it looks clean and fresh. I am going to use as a base to create polka dots and different experiments.



Gold digger - Gold digger is a yellowy metallic gold. This is so easy to apply, very smooth and needed two coats. It really reminds me of the colours of Autumn and I'm excited to try this on my nails as i think it will look very glamorous on my toes.




Slate Grey - When Slate Grey arrived i didn't really think much of it. It looked like concrete grey in the bottle. However, on the nail it looks amazing! It looks more like a creamy nude beige with slight purple undertones than grey. When it comes to nude colours, i am so critical (see my nails inc post) so i surprised myself to how much i really like this. It only needed one coat to be opaque, but i put on two out of habit before applying Sally Henson's 4-in-1 top coat. However, after applying two coats and a top coat i thought it had dried pretty quickly but tried to open a box and smudged my thumb, so maybe one coat is really enough. I wore this on a night out and couldn't stop looking at my nails! I think it makes my nails looks very neat and tidy and can be worn with anything and everything.



Slate Grey
It looks great with one coat
And the same with two - with flash
In natural sunlight, it looks so pretty!

1 comment: