Thursday 6 October 2011

Lesley on my first foundation yaaay!

Today i went shopping with Sophia for my first foundation. I don't own any foundation (just my tinted moisturiser) and i was looking for something that had medium coverage but with a dewy look. Also, i tend to have dry spots around my nose and forehead. I took my sweet little time going from MAC (i discovered I'm a NW30 yay!) to Bobbi Brown, Chanel and last but not least Laura Mercier. In the end we decided on Laura Mericer was the best coverage, and best ingredients, for my face. The makeup beautician was so lovely and we actually spent two hours with her. She did a little makeover on us and really took her time talking and advising us. I think it honestly makes a difference to their sales: the girl on the Chanel counter was just awful and did a blob with one foundation on my chin and told me i was done! Not very helpful to say the least!




 My shade is "Golden Beige" and it is 30g. It comes in a tub instead of a pump or tube and the beautician told me it was best to use fingers with a tiny amount and blot it on the centre of my face and then even it out. Then to use a second layer to build it up. As it is quite thick it is best to use a small amount and layer it on. I really like this because although it gives  coverage, looks natural and doesn't cake my face. It was quite pricey at £41.50 but its meant to last you a year, and i will probably only use it in winter months when i need more coverage. The only negative thing i have to say is it creased under my eye so ill have to put extra setting powder.



My generous amount of samples! Oil free day lotion, Sand oil free tinted moisturiser and oil free primer. 



Samples -

Sand oil free tinted moisturiser - After exfoliating and putting on my moisturiser, i put this on with my hand, concentrating on blotting my t-zone then blending it out. I love the end result it gave me! It is a bit of a warm colour on me compared to the yellow golden tone in Benefit's You Rebel, but my face looks so velvety smooth and i couldn't see any of my red cheeks or dry spots underneath. i looked like a blank canvas which I'm not actually used to as You Rebel doesn't give as much coverage. It quite a thick coverage for a tinted moisturiser so its a nice transition from tinted moisturiser to foundation. Do i dare say it might be better than You Rebel?!?!

 I wore it to work for seven hours, without primer and setting powder and it has rubbed off a bit but still looks OK. Well i don't know what i expected as i always rub or lean my hand on my face during the day, its such a bad habit of mine! Also my face is a little dry on my nose, but i think that is due to my moisturiser, i may need to throw it away soon. After test driving it for a few days I've decided i really like it, although I'm not used to seeing a warm colour on my face, and i need more practicing with blending it in with my fingers. Also less is definitely more, its gone on my wish list!

Oil Free Primer - It doesn't feel anything like the Elf Primer I'm using, its texture is more like a cream and is slightly thicker than the day lotion. Where as the ELF primer feels like a velvety serum. I'm not sure if i would actually buy this product, it doesn't make a difference to how long my makeup stays on. However, i will give it a good test run and try it with other products.

Oil free Day Lotion- This is a lovely light day lotion, i love putting it on before the tinted moisturiser. It doesn't leave my skin shiny and makes me feel like i have a lovely dewy glow rather than a greasy look that other day creams do to me. However, it doesn't leave my nose moisturise all day and i see a few flakes at the end of a long day. I think i would buy this after my other creams run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment