Friday 7 October 2011

Sopha's Laura Mercier goodies

Me and Lesley went foundation shopping to the Bentall center. Lesley wanted to try out all the beauty counters to see what they would match her to and hopefully find a good one. Im always on a mission for the perfect foundation so i had to go with her!

First was the Mac counter where Lesley got matched to nw30 studio sculpt (im nw20). I thought it looked slightly too warm on her skin but the coverage was good.

Next up Bobbi Brown. The make up artist was friendly and asked lots of questions about her skin and coverage Lesley wanted. I thought she would reccomend Skin Foundation as she has dry skin but she matched her with Natural Finish long lasting 4.5. The colour was really good but Lesley wasn't sold.

The next counter was awful. Chanel is high end make up so you expect friendly and helpful makeup artists. This girl wasnt friendly and looked down on us. She tested a tiny blob on our chins and that was it? I got matched to Matte Lumiere shade 20 and Lesley is Vita Lumiere i think shade30? No way was i going to buy expensive makeup from her!

We were going back to the Bobbi Brown counter and we remembered Laura Mercier. The Make up Artist was soo lovely! Her name is Naiyana and she's just a gorgeous friendly make up artist. We stayed with her for nearly 2 hours while she throughly cleansed ours faces, told us what would match out skin and how to apply the products. She had no other customers and did our whole face with make up.


Naiyana reccomended the oil free tinted moisturizer in Nude and the mineral pressed powder in Natural Beige to add more coverage and colour. She said i must use a primer as i have oily skin and take powder with me in the day to matte the oil. My face looked really fresh and natural when she had finished the make over so i bought both...oops.


This my attempt the next day with the products. I tried to do exactly as she said, pat on the tinted mosturizer and lightly dust the powder. I think my skin looks like my skin but better which is theeffect i like, i dont like the caked on mask look. BUT im now sitting here 4 hours later and my face is very oily :( it looks nothing like that picture now. Im going to re-apply with a differnt primer to see if that helps.fingers crossed.

Testers!! I love testers lol from left to right :

Warm ivory foundation = She said this would be a good colour for me but way too shiny for a nigh out.

Oil free primer = A must have for my oily skin! Not sure if its good enough yet though

Face Polish = For my blocked pores. I love this. Its so scrubby but the bits are realy fine. I want!

Oil Free tinted Moisturizer = Just so i can test it out, even though i forgot and opened the full size :/


Ill update this post with a verdict in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment