Monday 17 October 2011

Lesley on September favourites

Although it was my birthday, this month has been such a hard one. A close member of the family suddenly passed away. Apart from running around like a headless chicken, i haven't really had time to post my favourites, alas, why I'm posting my September favourites now!

No7 Highlights Illuminating Lotion - 30mls 


Ive had this for years (probably should buy a new one now!) but it seems to be going in my box then coming out again. This month i have loved using it with my tinted moisturiser, it gives me a bright, dewy look without being sparkly, even when I'm really tired. It is pearly baby pink with hints of silver. I've used this quite a lot and it still looks brand new to me. The pump application makes it easy to use and i only have to use a pea size for my whole face. I also like to use it on the brow bone and on cheeks. I got it for a present a couple years ago and I'm not actually sure if its still in the shops.



PFB Vanish - 120mls, £14.99

Sophia recommended that i bought this as i had awful bumps, redness and ingrown hairs with shaving and epilating. Apart from the awful alcoholic smell that this produces when you roll it on your skin - this stuff is actually amazing! I wouldn't say that all the redness and ingrown hairs disappear, but it definitely makes a difference and also doesn't itch as much. I love that it is a roll on - i don't waste any of it. I put it on at night (because of the smell) and sometimes but not always, it will sting a little on the first 24 hours i put it on after I've shaved.

You can use it on your face, underarms, bikini line or legs and apply after any type of hair removal including electrolysis.

 I bought it from Ebay and it also came with a tiny mini version, which my brother burrowed once and i haven't seen since! I would put a picture up of before and after, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to see the grotesquety! I would highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from bad irritation from hair removal.



Bio Oil and Eucerin

  

Since getting my tattoo and having to keep it moisturised twice a day, I reached for Bio Oil and Eurcin for their rich moisture. I mixed it into a travel pot which is so handy for on the go (imagine having to take two bottles around with you!) Also, it hydrated my skin for at least six hours in between top ups. 

In case you didn't know - Bio Oil is to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, scars and uneven skin tone. I use this to enhance the appearance.

Eucerin is for the treatment of dry, itchy, flaky skin and conditions such as eczema, icythosis, hyperkeratosis and xeroderma. No prizes for guessing why i use this :)

The ink has kept really well and healed so fast with minimum itching and no dryness what-so-ever. I still use this once everyday to keep the ink from fading. It is recommended that you don't have a bath or swim for at least five weeks to keep the ink from fading.


Aquafresh Ultimate + Whitening toothpaste
Source: google - i had already cut open and binned mine!

A bit of a different product from the norm, but i have been loving this toothpaste this month so much and so has my family - we've been through 2 tubes already in a couple months! It sounds weird, but it makes my teeth feel really fresh and clean. I know all toothpastes are meant to do that, but sometimes i clean my teeth and a couple hours later i feel the need to clean them again. However, i don't really believe in whitening toothpastes, but it kept my teeth feeling nice. 

It claims "it strengthens the tooth above the gum line and protects what's vulnerable below by killing bacteria to help keep the gum seal tight and healthy."

No comments:

Post a Comment