Sunday 9 October 2011

Lesley on Birthday surprises galore

I am slightly behind on this post... sorry! A few weeks ago it was my 24th birthday and i celebrated with a few drinks the night before and a relaxing, chilled out day on my actual birthday. I also received some beautiful gifts from family and friends. In particular i would like to show you my makeup gifts (of course) and some very thoughtful ones that made me smile.

me and Sophia


Illamasqua Pure Pigment Lose Eye Pigment in Ore - 1.3g



I've never had Illamasqua makeup before and was delighted when Sophia bought me this. I was complaining to her that i don't have a good golden eyeshadow, not knowing she had this baby waiting for me! Ore is a metallic bronze/dark gold with  green/pink/gold glitter. When i swatch it i think the colours look amazing (the swatches below does not give it justice as i couldn't catch the reflective sheen) I love that it has multiple purposes, you can use it for highlighting brows, wet or dry eyeshadow or mixed with other eyeshadows, or mix with. 



Didn't need to use three pictures, but wanted to try and capture the glitter

I absolutely love what it says on the box- 

"Art of Darkness invites you to enter a world where seeing is believing, and believing can be dangerous. where mythical beings gather to feast, fantasise and create the ever-elusive Elixir of Life. So indulge your extravagant side and revel in the otherworldliness of night time makeup."

Source: Illamasqua site
Not really anything to do with makeup until the last sentence, but i love how the Illamasqua team take makeup to the next level. We are all aware how their new collection "Theatre of the Nameless" is completely amazing as well as their previous collections.

As i am a sucker for beautiful packaging, I'm completely drawn to the light and dark emerald green with the green scarab beetle, which fits into the "Arts of darkness" theme and i will never throw this away! I also love the square packaging but i think they have made an error because to open it you have to put ur finger under an edge and flick it up. Also at first i didn't like the plastic that held the pigment in, but once the pigment is out it looks fine (i am sooo picky!) 


Accesorize Baked Bronzing duo Laguna Shade 3



I love this bronzer so much! I've been eyeing it up for ages and almost bought it a few days before, so I'm so glad i didn't. I love that it is quite versatile, the left bronzey gold would be great for during the day and the right is a rusty gold and will be great for nights out. Mixed together... I love the pearly shimmer running through it too.

my sister dropped and broke my GOSH after only using it a handful of times (thanks sis!)

MAC Phloof! pro palette eyeshadow

I love how my friends know me so well! I wanted a highlighter for my brows and inner corners of my eyes  but ... was OK but a little on the pink side. Phloof! is a gorgeous off white, really light pink frost colour. This is going to quickly become a staple in my collection. Only one more e/s before my collection is complete (although i might get rid of Gesso, it cracked, but recently I've found I've been using it to highlight too) Also i will sweep it over my entire lid for a nice natural sheen for during the day.




MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle - 10g




Another well desired product! It reminds me of a soft highlighter but when built up a nice velvety bronzer.


Britney Spears Fantasy Eau De Parfum- 30mls



This has been my favourite scent for years and years now and of course my friends are used to smelling the sweet cupcake scent of Britney Spears. I love really sweet smells and opposed to citrus and musky. I was onto my last bottle so was using it wisely, but now i don't have to as i have a backup. It has top notes of red lychee, quince and kiwi, heart notes of white chocolate, jasmine and orchard, and base notes of musk and sensual woods. Some people might think the bottle is tacky but i personally think the pinky/purple bottle with the green Swarovski crystals is so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment