Wednesday 10 August 2011

Lesley - Review of top ten

 1) W7 bronzer - Now I'm a huge fan of bronzer and I've bought every type from the cheapest to the most expensive. Although this is a value-for-your-money bronzer, the results are amazing and the colours are beautiful. It comes in a cute leopard print like pattern with pinks and browns, and also contains a brush (i use a separate brush though) I use it on my face, chest and shoulders and had many compliments on a number of occasions that I've worn it. You can buy it from amazon from £3.99.


2) Stila eyeshadow in Nando Devi - I bought a bunch of makeup on a cheap website (cheapsmells) and i found that the dark brown matte was perfect for my eyebrows. I use Benefit's Speed Brow eye gel to set the shape and then use a tiny amount of eyeshadow to fill in the gaps.



nando devi with mac 'rule' and mac 'rubenesque' - looks very Autumn like!

3) MAC eyeshadows- I bought a MAC pro palette for £11.50 and have been adding refill eyeshadows to my collection every couple of months. I love that you can pick and choose what colours you want to add (£9.50 each) to the palette. Also the colours go on so vibrantly and strong and last for hours, even on a night out! They are 1.5g, but you only have to use a little bit to make your eyes pop so it looks like I've hardly used any, when in fact i use them often on special occasions! You can see more about my palette in my MAC makeup haul HERE


4) Boots No 7 Amazing eye pencil - I always get this eye pencil when they are on offer with a £5 off voucher from Boots, they are normally £7.75 but with the voucher its £2.75, which is think is pretty darn good! There are two different ends, one for the pencil and the other is a smudger, to create a smokey effect and not make your eyes look so sharp. I love that the pencil is so soft and creamy so that you don't have to drag it on your eyes at all. The only disadvantage of this is that it does 'bleed' a little bit, especially when I'm tired, but i don't think there is an eye liner that doesn't melt. Also, because it is so soft, i have to sharpen the pencil often.
Get the Amazing eye pencil HERE

Amazing eye pencil in 05 Black - 1g

5) MAC prep + prime - After trial and error with eye primers, i found this creamy texture was perfect for my eyes. It goes on smoothly and keeps my eyeshadow on for hours without creasing. Its 5g a pot and looks like its hardly been used -  although I've been using it for months, so it will last a very long time! I bought mine from America as it is a tiny bit cheaper but you can get them for £12.00 from mac. More about prep and prime HERE


6) Natural collection eyeshadow in Milk Chocolate - This is my most used eyeshadow, and it is SO CHEAP! It is £1.79 or 3 for £5 from Boots, and it is sooo value for money. After the primer, i use "milk chocolate" as a base eyeshadow before applying my actual colour. If I'm going for a natural daytime look i will just use this eyeshadow on its own as it has great pigment and brings out the green in my hazel eyes. My skin tone matches really well and the pot lasted me ages. The packaging is cute and simple and focuses mainly on the colour, which i like. I'm almost onto my second pot now.


 


7) MAC mascara - I LOVE THIS MASCARA! I find it really hard to find a good mascara, especially one that doesn't clump (i hate that!) So when the MAC website was down and i ordered an eyeshadow, i got the mascara free and i am now onto my second tube.

£17.50 - 9g
after wearing it for 6 hours



8) Guerlain bronzing powder 10g - This is definetly the most expensive piece of makeup i own, but it was so worth it! It always looks like i have a gorgeous natural glow all year round. I use a kabuki brush and "dab" so that too much isn't on the brush. If you overload the brush you look like you have a deeply tanned face with a white body! You can buy it for £33.00 from Debhenams.




Eyes: MAC "Rubenesque" Paint Pot
MAC "Rule"
Stila "Nano Devi"
Haute and naughty mascara
Face: Guerlain terracotta bronzer

9) Benefit You Rebel in dark 50mls - I don't like using foundation as it's quite heavy on my skin. So the tinted moisturiser is perfect for me, its not too shiny or dry and it lasts a full working day and night out. Plus it has SPF 15 to protect you from damaging rays. It comes in two shades: light and dark. I use the dark as i have a tanned complexion and i use a blob and apply it with a foundation brush. I think I'm going to be onto my fourth tube. The only disadvantage of this product is that it takes a little while to sink into my face, so it looks quite shiny when I've first applied it.


I apply it onto my hand first to warm it up as it blends into the face better 

 
10) Barry M Dazzle Dust - I have so many of these in all different colours! The pots are so value for your money as you only use a tiny bit with your finger or a brush. Reviews to come


1 - #unknown
2- #2
3- #unknown
4- #3 pink/gold
5- #10 Gold
6- #39 Tan
7- #92 Aqua Gold
8- #15

No comments:

Post a Comment