Friday 12 August 2011

Lesley on Nails Inc

I recently purchased my first two nail varnishes in an exclusive duo set on sale from asos for £8.32 which i thought was quite reasonable. Haymarket is a duck egg blue and Basil Street is a toffee beige, 10mls.





Basil Street = epic fail


Basil Street: I was quite excited to receive this colour as i really wanted a creamy light beige colour. The colour reminds me of the drink Baileys, mmmm! However, i was horrified that the first coat resembled the colour to my skin tone and i looked like i was ill! Also, its quite watery but dries quickly and even, so the formula is actually quite good. The second coat was a bit better and made my nails opaque. However, it still matches my skin colour and kinda reminds me of wearing natural skinned tights haha, and after the third coat (i didn't need it though) it was still the same. I'm going to wait until my tan fades to try this colour again, although i am a little bit disappointed that i cannot wear it in the summer! 



apologies for the short nails - trying to grow them out!

I tried it under Models own black 'Smash Up,' and i have to say i like it much better than on its own. it looks like a black crackily effect over natural nails.









Haymarket: This is an absolutely gorgeous bright torquoise colour and applies like a dream. It only needed one coat and was not streaky, but i added two coats anyway out of habit. With Sally's i applied a top coat and it dried very quickly. What a difference in opinion from Basil Street! I was a bit put off from Nails Inc after Basil Street but now i am willing to try more colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment