Wednesday 17 August 2011

Lesley on nail care

I bought this treatment from Cheapsmells because i needed a top coat and something to strengthen my nails, so when i saw this for £4.45, i thought this would be ideal. I am so lazy to apply base coat, strengthening, 2 layers of colour and top coat (who has enough time for all that?!) so this is so perfect. I bought it in June and already am halfway through my first bottle, i found it on Amazon for a pound cheaper, which is fantastic as Cheapsmells is currently out of stock.
Sally Hansen Complete Care 4-in-1 Treatment
Advantages: 
  • Makes any matte/dull looking nail varnish have a nice sheen to it
  • My nails do not chip for a few days at least, even with excessive washing up/swimming
  • Value for money
  • Makes any imperfections from your nail polish disappear. It smooths out dents 
  • I have seen a difference in the length of my nails since using it
Disadvantages:
  • My nails are still quite weak, which they always have been, and they still tend to split
  • Half a bottle has gone in two months! You have to apply it thickly and make sure there is a bead at the end of the brush otherwise its not enough
  • Sometimes i do not put enough on the brush despite my above comment, and the brush feels like its dragging on the nail, so you basically have to drown the nail.
  • Depending on what nail varnish i use, it sometimes takes FOREVER to dry! Even when i think its dry, hours later i will have tiny dents or  "hair-like" smudges in them.
Verdict:
I have just ordered my second bottle so that says it all really! Even though there are a few disadvantages, for a lazy girl like me it is so convenient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment