Friday 12 August 2011

Lesley on Barry M

Barry M's nail varnishes are definitely my all time favourite nail varnishes! They have beautiful original shades that are perfect for any season or occasion, and they are always on trend when bringing out new colours.  The retail price is £2.99 but Boots and Superdrug are always doing a 2 for £5 offer so i normally buy them then. 

the artistic skills of my sister :)
playing Barry M Eiffel tower

Strawberry Icecream

Strawberry Icecream is a bit on the thin and transparent side so i tend to put it on quite thick and apply two coats, as well as the Sally Henson's 4 in 1 base coat and top coat. It tends to dry quite slowly in comparison to other Barry M's, so i wouldn't use this on a night out if I'm in a hurry to do my nails. However, it is a gorgeous pastel pink perfect for summer days or when you're feeling girlie. 


 
Berry Icecream

This is one of my favourite Barry M shades of all time. Its a gorgeous light lavender colour perfect for summer or to cheer you up during depressing dark winter days. I have used this colour the most out of my collection, as i think it looks nice with olive skin, but it is now starting to go thick and gloopy as I've had it for so long: i have to keep putting in a little bit of nail varnish remover to thin it out before each use. I'll be buying my second one very soon. When its not old and running out, the texture is very smooth and with two applications it is very opaque. It also doesn't take long to dry at all. However, after two days of wearing it a couple of my nails will be chipped at the top, even with a top coat. In comparison to Strawberry Icecream the textures are different, i would say this one was much better. I am yet to try out the other two in the Icecream collection: Blueberry and Lemon.

What do you think about the Icecream collection?


 
Shocking Pink

Shocking Pink is such a gorgeous bright colour. I love wearing this when I'm wearing a black dress or anything plain on a night out, to give my outfit a boost of colour. It is such a lovely summer colour and looks really good with a tan. You only have to apply two coats before it becomes opaque

No comments:

Post a Comment