Thursday 11 August 2011

Lesley on MAC haul


MAC pro palette eyeshadows - 1.5g
my lovely mac palette
I bought the MAC 15 pro colour palette after deciding i wanted to have my own personal collection of eyeshadows i would use often, instead of buying a ready made palette and only using one or two colours out of it!  The palette was i think £12 and i have been buying one eyeshadow every couple of months (at £9.50 each and 1.5g per eyeshadow) i have now got 13 of the 15 eyeshadows: it was certainly money well spent! 

At the moment Debhenams are doing a 10% sale so i bought "Cork" and "Sumptuous Olive" for £8.55, saving around a £1.00 each, (£2.00 towards my next eyeshadow ;))

  • JEST "frost" - A light shimmery pearly pink, which i use mostly as a highlighter.
  • MYTHOLOGY "Lustre" - Similar to Paradisco (below) but the colour pay-off is better. It is a brown rusty colour with silver speckles. I only use a little of this at a time as the pay-off is really good.
  • PARADISCO "frost" - This is actually much lighter in real life, the flash doesn't give it justice. It is a lovely light coral pink with gold shimmer. I'm really not a fan of pink eyeshadow but i really love this, as it isn't as dramatic as other colours and you can use as little or as much as you want for different effects.
  • CORK "Satin" - This warm milk chocolate brown can be versatile and worn during the day as a natural look and at night teamed up with the more daring colours. I would say it is more matte than satin .
  • TWINKS "veluxe pearl"A beautiful chocolate brown with a nice sheen to it. I use it for both day and night.
  • AMBERLIGHTS "frost"- A beautiful colour! It is orange/brown with gold and highly pigmented, looks great with my complexion and also with pale skin. I think this colour is for everyone
  • SUMPUOUS OLIVE "veluxe pearl" - My most recent purchase. I haven't worn it yet but it is truly a pearly olive colour with gold shimmer. The texture feels really soft.
  • HUMID "frost" - A dark forest green with a lovely sheen to it. Very pigmented.
  • SILVER RING "Veluxe Pearl" - This is quite a light silver, i love wearing silvers on my eyes so was quite pleased when i purchased this (again i am very fussy with my particular silvers and have given a few away after not liking them) but Silver Ring is definitely a keeper! You can apply a little for a subtle highlight or build it up for a dramatic look. 
  • TEAL "frost" - Teal is a fake mac, mac doesn't even have an eyeshadow but a pigment in this shade. It is actually just as good as the real thing, it is highly pigmented and lasts for ages. It's a green with a hint of blue - hence the name really!
  • DEEP TRUTH "frost" - This is the most beautiful colour I've ever seen in an eyeshadow! Now to be honest, I've never been a great big fan of blue, having hazel eyes. But i LOVE this colour so much. It is a satin navy blue which i use as an all over lid or on the crease. Teamed up with Silver Ring it looks amazing (will do a look later to demonstrate) Also love the name too.
  • NEHRU "matte" - I bought this off the mac website, thinking it was a dark blue. I was disappointed at first because i have quite a few blacks in my collection. But this is more of a really really dark navy, i wear this in the crease of my eyes for a smoky look, although it takes ages to blend in and can be quite patchy. It is less dramatic than when i want a full on black dramatic effect so that's why i like it
  • GESSO "matte" - Also a fake, my least favourite out of the eyeshadows and its probably going in the bin soon. It doesn't have good colour pay off AT ALL and doesn't highlight or anything. I would love to try the real Gesso to see what that is like.
L-R: Jest. cork, sumptuous olive, silver ring, gesso
mythology, twinks, humid, deep truth
paradisco, amberlights, teal, nehru

What i can't live without 
If someone was to tell me that i could only have three colours, i would say my favourites to keep would be Amberlights, Deep Truth and Humid. They just have the best colour pay off and make my eyes really pop. I never used to be a huge experimenter but these colours are helping me come out of my shell.

DIY
I hate having to turn over the shadows to see what names they are so after watching a youtube video i cut out some cellophane from a pen set from christmas, and bought some circular stickers and stuck them on there. Once my palette is complete and after i have finished swapping them around, i will print the names on the discs.



MAC Haute & Naughty Lash - 9g
This mascara is a little bit unusual than the normal ones you find. It has two separate openings, the pink one for light coverage and definition - "daytime wear" and the purple glitter for allowing more mascara on the brush for thicker eyelashes - "night time wear."

The brush itself is the same. As you pull the pink end it cleans the mascara off the end minimising waste. It is still the same wand: just a smaller opening. I normally use the thicker opening first and then use the smaller opening for length and separation. It doesn't tend to clump and make my eyelashes look like spiders like some other mascaras do.


MAC paint pot in Rubenesque - 5g


I wanted to show this photo to emphasise how light reflective it is.


This paint pot can be used as a primer or as an eyeshadow. Its consistency is smooth and creamy and if i use it for a primer, i only add a little bit. It is a pearly pink with gold reflective glitter and the glitter inside makes eyeshadows like Amberlights really pop! If i use it as an eyeshadow i use a little bit at a time and build up. I don't really use this much but as i swatch it i have no idea why. It compliments my hazel eyes nicely.

MAC eyeshadow in Rule



This is so bright! But just wanted to emphasise how bright it is

This was my very first MAC product bought from Miami!  I bought this eyeshadow because the colour was so bright and unusual to what i normally wear. I usually wear it in the summer, mixed in with browns, it looks gorgeous with a tan!

MAC blusher in Light Salmon and Light Wine
light salmon and light wine

These blushers were bought from a fake website. Light Salmon hasn't got a good colour payoff and needs to be built up but light wine has really vibrant pigment. After using light wine dots started to appear in it, putting me off from using this. I guess its from the air getting to it and drying out the moisture. However, it hasn't effected my skin in any way so ill carry on using it.

light salmon

light wine

MAC prep + prime EYE - 5g

I loveee this primer! This has got to be one of my favourite items i own in my makeup bag. As i can see veins on my eyelids, i only use a little bit of this and it covers and evens out my eyelid. I sometimes wear it on its own when i don't want to have a heavy makeup day, but mostly i use it under other eyeshadows. One of my favourite things about this primer is that it doesn't crease, which I've been having problems with others.

with the primer
MAC Marcel Wanders in Fulfilled and Nice Buzz
Left: Fulfilled, right: Nice Buzz
Fullfilled with flash 

Nice Buzz in natural sunlight
Nice Buzz with flash

I bought these Marcel Wanders lip glosses as i don't have many lip glosses so thought i would try them out.The colours are lovely and stay on quite well. Nice Buzz is almost clear with a hint of baby pink while Fullfilled is nothing like in the tube, it is also quite transparent with a slight tint of raspberry dark pink. They don't go on as bright as they look in the tube. The only strange thing i would say about them is that my lips tingle a tiny bit when first applied, so maybe i'm a bit allergic. I want to try out other MAC's like the lip glasses next, but def will not be ordering any fake ones soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment