Saturday 13 August 2011

Sophia on Elf make up haul!

Elf (eyeslipsface) is a super cheap makeup brand. The prices range from £1.50 to £6.50!!! AND they regularly do special offers, free shipping, 20% off or even 50%. That's 75p for a lipgloss?!
I've seen lot's of youtube reviews and other blogs reviewing the products, so when i saw it was 50% off I thought i'd try them out.
woooo!!
£3.30 E.l.f Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15 (7.5g

Nice & Natural and Mellow Melon
This lip balm contains vitamin A and E plus spf 15( From the Studio range). It's very smooth and not that sticky when its on my lips. The pink shade is quite pigmented which i think is good for the price.  The beige shade is the perfect neutral lip shade, I really like them. My only problem is getting the product out of the pot!! Unless you have super short nails it will get stuck behind your nails = annoying. So a lip brush is needed! I would buy these again when they run out.
Nice & Natural                                                   Mellow Melon    

£1.50 E.l.f Luscioud liquid Lipstick & E.l.f Hypershine Gloss (1.5g)


So cheap I was expecting them to be rubbish....I was wrong. They are a bit sticky but most cheap lipglosses are. The Lucious Lipstick I think should be re-named though, it's just not a lipstick!! If they called it a lipgloss I woudnt have any problems with it. I've got The hypershine Gloss in Vixen, its a lovely pinky red clear gloss. The Lucious "Lipstick" in Strawberry and Baby Lips. Strawberry has tiny flecks of pinky glitter and Baby Lips is pretty much a clear gloss with a pink tint, it's nice to wear alone or over any lipstick.

Strawberry                     Baby Lips                              Vixen    
 £3.50 El.f Complexion, Powder, Eyeshadow c and Stiple brush from the Studio line
Studio line Eyeshadow c, Powder, Complexion & Stiple


Im rubbish with brushes! Lesley bought some sephora brushes a few years ago and i've lost a few or my dog has chewed them.....! I'm also not good at using them, I always use my fingers for makeup. So i thought i'd try out these synthetic brushes as they have good reviews and they are damn cheap.

This Powder brush is soo soft (I like stroking my face with it...lol). The top is completely flat and smooth, its perfect for powder (duhh) and I also use it to buff my foundation around my jaw or if i've put too much blusher on. I know some people use it to apply liquid foundation but I havent tried this yet.

Not happy with my stipple brush. The brush isn't strong enough to correctly stipple foundation, unless im using it wrong? i had had hopes to achieve that airbrushed foundation look but it's not happening. Im going to                                                   try it with differnt foundations to see if that helps.

I love this complexion brush. It's sort of like a really big foundation brush. Like the powder brush it's really soft, even softer I think. I use it to apply my Mac Skin Finish powder and Blusher. Haven't tried it for foundation yet but I think it would be good for a lightweight foundation.

Lesley told me to buy an eyeshadow brush to try and improve my eye makeup technique. I just can't do it eyeshadow. So can't really review this yet until lesley give's me an Eyeshadow lesson....but the bristles are very compact and soft.

I would recommend these brushes to anyone. Even if your new to using brushes or your an expert. Next I want to try the Studio small angled brush and the Studio line kabuki.

 
£3.50 E.l.f Studio Blush & £1.50 Natural Radiance Blusher
Tickled pink, Peachy keen and Glow
The studio line packaging is really nice. Smooth black with the logo on the front and mirror inside. Tickled pink is a light pink blush without any glitter and a slight shimmer, it's quite sheer but a good baby pink blush. Peachy keen is not very pigmented. I'd actually call it more of a shimmer then a blush? The shimmer is very golden with a slight peach base, I like it! And finally the cheaper line of the make up is Glow. I actually think this is more pigemented than Peachy keen. The colour is peachy but with a bit of warm pink to it, the only downside is that it's fricking tiny, Only 2g! And as you can see the packaging is not attractive and its very flimsy (I already broke it twice) but considering there only £1.50 and the shimmer is very good I can't really complain!

 
£3.50 E.l.f Tinted Moisturizer Spf20 25ml
I chose this tinted moisturizer because I hate heavy foundation. I always mix my MAC studio fix fluid with moisturizer as I find it too heavy. Im NW20 in my studio fix so i couldnt decide between Porcelain or Nude. In the end I picked Nude from reading others people's reviews. But it is too orange for me and its very very sheer. It dosnt sink in well on my oily skin and hardly covers anything. So it's a thumbs down from me but maybe if your skin is dry it would be ok? It's a shame because it has a good spf and vitamins A,C & E.

£1.50 E.l.f Tone Correcting Concealer
Apricot Beige
This is only £1.50 so I feel bad complaining ...but it's very sticky and shiny for 5mins after I apply it. Other than that i like it! Randomly it smells like oranges but its nice. Its a lightweight concealer so if you want full coverage this is not for you. And again like the tinted moisturizer I think it better suited to dry skin. Overall I think its alright!

That was my first time buying E.l.f products and I would buy again. It's cheap but good quality = perfect combination!!

No comments:

Post a Comment