Saturday 27 August 2011

Lesley's tattoo!!!

I decided to get a tattoo in honour of my grandma. She died unexpectedly last year and we were so close, she was such an amazing understanding person with a gentle nature and a great sense of humour, so it seemed natural to want to get something permanent to remember her by. She was so close to all her grandchildren (she has over 20), and always wrote to us, she didn't forget one of our birthdays, not even once! So i found a card from her and decided i wanted to get "love" in her handwriting. Although a lot of people have "love" tattoos, mine would be unique and meaningful, which i love about it. Also, my cousins from America and Jamaica decided they wanted it done too, so it is going to be nice having matching tattoos but in different places!

I am the BIGGEST baby when it comes to pain, so when i got there and decided i was going to get it done , i suddenly went really hot and red in the face (the tattoo artists found this funny!)  Luckily i had Sophia and another friend with me, who was getting 3 silhouette birds on her shoulder, so that left Sophia to hold my hand(s!) 

Only fifteen minutes and thirty pounds later i had my "love" tattoo near my hip! It was well worth the scratching pain, and wasn't as painful as i expected. Will i get another one? Hmmm.. watch this space!



No comments:

Post a Comment