Monday 28 November 2011

Sophia's love for Ombre hair!

Ombre hair is so pretty to me. I've liked that 'beach effect highlight' look ever since watching Sex And The City when I was 13 (nearly 11 years?!). Carrie Bradshaw was the first person I remember rocking the look. Some people hate it and think it looks trampy but I dont care, I love it!

Carrie Bradshaw (SJP)
In 2010 and still this year 'Ombre' hair became a big hit with Alexa Chung being the main style icon. I came across llymlrs blog last year, she shows you how to do DIY ombre and her hair looks lovely! My mum bleaches her hair so theres always bleach in the house. I followed the instructions and left it on for only 4 mins as my hair has warm tones and I didnt want an orange mess! Washed it off, dried it and it looked.....nice? subtle but nice. Thays where i should of stopped....... Next morning I bleached it again but left it on for 10 mins like a complete idiot!!! OMG it was bright orange brassy yellow :(  So i had 3 inches cut off and kept using semi perminent brown hair dyes to tone it down without causing further damage to my hair.
Perfect - Lily Aldridge, Hilary Duff & Lily again
Im still left with 2/3 inches at the ends and the underside is a lighter brown/sometomes brassy colour 14 months later. I dont mind the colour now because its faded so much. Ohh but i still lust after proper Ombre hair. Maybe one day I can get it done properly. I cant see me going off the style as ive loved it for so many years!

Yes Lily, I love you and your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment