Wednesday 2 October 2013

Empties!! Lots and lots of empties...



As i finish one product i throw it into a classy Tesco bag and move on to the next. I thought it was time to recycle when i realised i had four deodorants and three shaving foams... I won't go through every single item as that's boring and will put you to sleep.



wow i go through a lot of products!





You know when you get shampoos and conditioners from travel sets or Christmas and you think you will get to use them but never get around to finishing? I am very guilty of this and always have random brands. Shampoo here, conditioner here. It just takes up space. 

L'oreal Everstrong No sulphates Conditioner didn't really agree with my hair and either made my hair greasy the same day or left it feeling dirty after directly washing my hair. Unfortunately there was a promotion so i have a couple more of these to get through. I hate when shops suck you in like that!

Orofluido shampoo and conditioner consisted of a creamy "gold" colour. I liked the shampoo but the conditioner was too light for my curly prone to frizz hair.




I would genuinly buy all these products again apart from the "Ever Since" hand and body lotion on the second left, which i got for Christmas in a nail set. The Body shop products never seize to let me down and i absolutely love the vanilla and brazil nut scents.

Crabtree and Evelyn's LA source and soothing body lotion were not my favourite scents. LA Source was a handy size for overnight stays and weekend breaks. The scent was favourites  by the men in my life. I used the soothing body lotion at night before bed due to its relaxing lavender and rosewood essential oils. In fact i've nearly finished my second bottle of this! The little squashed hand cream at the front there will be re-purchased when i finish all the millions of hand creams i have.

 I received Lush's Charity pot in Chocolate for Christmas. I used this to treat myself as it started depleting very quickly. The chocolate scent is strange and overpowering at first but once you put it on the skin it feels so soft and smells faintly sweet. I liked the thin consistency to it too.



Everyone knows how amazing Body Shop and Soap and Glory shower gels are so i won't go into those. I bought the No 7 Luxurious foaming shower oil (with the body spritz but that's not finished yet) as part as a 3 for 2. I love oils so the fact this could foam was a win for me. However, it didn't foam up that much and i had to remember not to pour out double of what i would normally use. I think i would purchase this again as it left my skin so silkly soft.  Used with the body oil it feels heavenly.







Good old Laura Mericer does it again. I bought these two in a set along with the matching shower gel (40 pounds gone down from 50 - bargain!) and used this for very special occasions like nights out or if  i needed a pick me up. The Creme Brulee smell is just amazing, but if you don't like sickly smells i wouldn't go for this as it smells very strongly of the dessert. The body creme is so thick and you can just tell it is expensive and luxurious: almost as if you stepped out of your bathroom and into a spa . If this wasn't too expensive i would definitely buy this set again. Hello Father Christmas?





I won't talk about the Bioderma but something i have been doing is putting them into these little Vichy samples. This has been good for weekends away or holidays and i will be keeping these little bottles for future trips. I am yet to buy another Bioderma but I've been using Decleor Aroma Cleanse followed by a face wash and moisturiser. I've lost my Decleor toner somewhere which is a sad time for me because it was a full, big bottle of it. Sigh.




I received the BB cream sample from a magazine and after using up the sample i went out and bought it straight away. I do my face as usual in the morning with moisturiser and use this on top as a replacement to foundation. I was using this the most in the summer months and on holiday, but if you apply too much it's hard to blend in. Another sample, which is the Yu Be skin cream, will not be purchased in full size. It smells very medicinal and although it claims to defeat dry skin i don't think it was any better than my usual handcreams.

The L'oreal mascara is my favourite and i would use again and again. I've actually finished another one and i'm on to my fourth. I've also repurchased a concealer and Laura Mercier foundation, which hasn't been touched all summer, winter is coming Laura don't worry!

Prada Candy is an amazing perfume! Is smells so sweet and as i love sweet smells it is perfect for me. It has base notes of caramel and top notes of musk (you can tell i'm good at recalling scents can't you?) The staying power isn't great but i still would purchase it again in the future. Right now i have the new Prada Candy which is my new favourite perfume. I like to mix it up although it is always the sweet scents i go for.




No comments:

Post a Comment