Saturday 21 September 2013

Holiday Empties








These are a few travel - sized empties from my recent holiday to Corfu. 



Korres Basil Lemon Little Moisturising Body Milk - 50mls

I liked the smell of this but it ran out very quickly as it didn’t foam on the pouf! I wouldn’t recommend this for holidays but instead for weekends away or when you go to the gym.

Korres Aloe & Soapwort Little Shampoo For Frequent Use - 50mls

This left my hair refreshed but not greasy the next day. I tend to wash my hair everyday on holiday so i needed something that wouldnt be too heavy in my hair. However, i wish i bought a full size version as it ran out quite quickly. 

Korres Body Butter Guava Extra Moisturising Cream For Dry Skin Conditions - 50mls

This was very moisturising as it states and the smell is refreshing but not overpowering. I used it over my normal moisturiser, when i knew my skin was going to take a beating from the sun or water, or when my skin felt tight or itchy, especially after being in the pool or on the beach. When it ran out i cut open the tube and there was lots left, i hate anything going to waste! I will definitely be repurchasing this in the bigger version for the approaching winter months.

Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Nourishing Body oil - 115mls

This smell has a very overpowering scent of lemons, to the point if someone entered the room ten minutes after applying they would say, “are you using your Mama Bees?” So be warned! Admittedly, i don’t like the smell of lemons but after the smell subdues it is quickly forgiven as it makes your skin feel so beautifully soft and silky, especially using it when you're damp right out of the shower. Sophia also stole this a few times to use this when her skin felt tight. This originally was a present for a friend but they sent two by mistake and i’m very glad they did! It lasted for two different two week holidays so i would recommend taking this abroad with you.


Tara Smith Working Curls Conditioner - 100mls

My hair is quite dry at the ends but greasy on top so i need quite a nourishing formula while at the same time one that won’t make my hair greasy the same day. I like to leave my hair dry naturally and this light formula didn't leave my hair too fly away or frizzy. 

King Of Shaves Alpha Oil Shave Oil Sensitive Skin - 15mls 

This little shaving oil is so compact but little goes a long way with this product. It lasted for nearly two weeks before it ran out, using it every couple days. It is actually a men’s product but i tend to prefer men’s shaving oil/foam to women’s for some reason (am i the only one?) It was handy to use as it comes out in a blue colour which makes shaving quicker. However, if you don’t rinse the razor properly it becomes clogged with oil. I think i would stick to my La Roche-Posay Homme Shaving Foam in the future. 


Do you prefer travel size or the standard size when you go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment